The Prince is just over a month old and already I am panicking at the thought of having to go back to work full time. With Princess M I didn’t have this strong urge to drastically change my professional life (as in lessen it).
The truth is I love my job. I worked and studied hard to qualify in my profession. I work with some great people, my mind is challenged and I like to think I make a difference. I love my job, I do want to go back and continue to work hard there, ideally I would however wish I didn’t have to do it so much.
So until I win the lotto or come up with a grand idea that will allow me the financial freedom to work less, play more. I am intending to make the most out of every day of my maternity leave.
Our Maternity Leave Bucket List
1. Pick strawberries. While fresh strawberries are abundant in Ireland there are few places to pick your own, however I hearThe Apple Farm in Tipp will have pick your own in a few weeks.
2. Manis or Pedis with the Princesses now that there are two men in the house it’s time us girls start sticking together.
3. Lunch at The Pink Elephant on a sunny day. With a nice beach walk and shell/rock hunt after.
4. Paint Rocks We spent an entire summer painting and selling rocks when I was small.
Homemade popsicles/ice lolls
6. Visit Dublin Zoo and FOTA Wildlife Park in Cork.
7. Have a sleepover with Princess M on the futon in the play room.
8. Splash in muddy puddles….this is Ireland afterall
9. Eat chocolate/vanilla twist soft serve ice-cream in NY.
10. Swim in a lake in NY.
11. Have a fondue party. My sister and her family gave us a fondue set and we don’t use it enough.
12. Picnic in Fitzgerald Park, Cork. We love picnics and Fitzgerald’s Park in Cork is a special place.
13. Wash cars with Princess M.
14. Visit the M.O.S.T. in Syracuse.
15. Visit a farm.
16. Spend the day in Cobh, Co Cork when a cruise liner comes in.
17. Participate in World Social Media Day.
18. Have an indoor picnic on a rainy day.
19. Water gun fight.
20. Fly kites.
21. Take family photos.
22. Visit the Ewe Sculpture Garden
23. Afternoon tea with the princesses. This is one of my favorite treats that I do with my girlie friends and it will be a nice treat to introduce the girls to.
24. Library story time.
Enroll Princess M in a class.
Try a new park.
25. Go to the drive in
26. Go to a concert with the King…like Bruce in July!!!!! ( on life’s bucket list)
27. Plant flowers
28. Take a road trip somewhere new.
29. Make sundaes
30. Have a make your own pizza party.